1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide: We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you create a pasture or forage listing, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or credit card. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not gain the full value of our services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as research, improving PastureScout services to our members, and communicating with you.
We will not share your contact information, without your consent, with organizations wanting to offer you other goods and services, other than those required to complete PastureScout business transactions, such as banks and credit card companies
Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site. This helps us to better understand our customers and to have a record of your customer experience.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated address information so that we can correct our records and better customize your experience with us.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
Customized User Interface: We use your information to better serve you by providing a customized experience.
Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our
behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail,
and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information
needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Special Features or Offer: We may send you special offerings or highlights from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you information from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you an offer from another business, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” section at the end of this policy.
Law Enforcement: If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock cannot guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
4. Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out.
It is your choice whether to receive emails or special offers from us or others. If you do not want to receive special offers or promotional e-mails from PastureScout, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Remove”.
5. Other Websites
6. Contact Us